An exciting opportunity has become available for a WordPress Web Developer within the I.T division of our Sales and Marketing Consultancy.
We are seeking someone who will be responsible for building, deploying and maintaining the bespoke WordPress websites and e-commerce shops and brochure sites we design and build for our clients.
You will need to be comfortable collaborating with other designers and developers, have a positive attitude, meet reasonable deadlines and take ownership of your work.
The ideal candidate will be comfortable in front of clients and talking to them on the phone to gather technical requirements for projects. They will also be forward-thinking and have a real passion for digital.
Pay: £28,000 – £35,000 per annuum (BOE)
Holiday: 20 days (excluding bank holidays)
So, what are we looking for?
- Building WordPress (and Woocommerce) websites from scratch, designing concepts in Photoshop or your choice of design software
- Bug fixing, troubleshooting and maintaining WordPress and Woocommerce websites
- Building reusable code libraries
- Communicating with clients gathering technical requirements for projects
- Ensuring the custom themes and plugins we build match WordPress/Web standards
- At least 2 years experience in a similar role
- Ability to provide a portfolio of past personal/professional projects
- Fluent in HTML, CSS, PHP
- Experience working with frameworks like Bootstrap
- Experience developing responsive websites
- Comfortable working with MySQL databases
- Ability to browser test and debug code
- An ability to prioritise and work on multiple projects
- Version control (DeployHQ, BitBucket, github)
- PHP frameworks (like Laravel)
- React, Angular, Vue
- Understanding of SEO best practices
- Experience with server set-up and maintenance (Digital Ocean,WHM, cPanel, DNS configurations)
- HTML email
You are reliable, punctual and polite. You are also self-motivated and have a strong attention to detail. Naturally, you love to keep up-to-date with the latest tools and techniques.
To apply, please email email@example.com and attach:
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter
- Evidence of your work or a work portfolio