An exciting opportunity has become available for an intern Web Designer (Paid) within the I.T division of our Sales and Marketing Consultancy. This role is ideal for someone who has experience in web design, has studied or is studying design at university or college and wants to further develop their design skills in a dynamic, supportive and fun environment.
The position will involve working within a small team of designers and developers at our offices in Hastings and will place you in a lead role on a range of online design projects.
Holiday: 20 days (excluding bank holidays)
So, what are we looking for?
- Good knowledge, understanding and application of layout, visual hierarchy, UI, iconography & typography
- You will be well versed in using Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator to create web design mock ups, email campaigns, scalable web assets and retouch photos.
- Mobile First will be a familiar concept to you and you’ll have a deep understanding of RWD, designing for touch devices and mobile bandwidth considerations.
- You have experience working with HTML email and be able to design, code & launch optimized campaigns.
- You’ve used source control – we use GIT.
- You’ll have a very good knowledge of HTML semantics and SEO best practices.
- Experience with building standards-compliant, cross-browser compatible websites.
- You will be familiar with the WordPress API.
- You are able to create and confidently convert designs into performant, responsive front-end code.
- You will have used SASS and LESS (and have an opinion about both!).
- You have experience with CLI build tools such as GULP and GRUNT.
- You will have experience of or understand the concept of CSS architectures and front-end coding methodologies (BEM, SMACSS or OOCSS).
- You will have used CSS frameworks such as Bootstrap or Foundation.
You are reliable, punctual and polite. You are also self-motivated and have a strong attention to detail. Naturally, you love to keep up-to-date with the latest tools and techniques.
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and attach:
- A copy of your CV
- A covering letter
- Evidence of your work or a work portfolio
OR call 01424 757619 if you need further information